Microcement surfaces are one of the most resistant when designing stairs. For spaces with a modern or industrial setting, microcement stairs will provide the style you need so that each piece fits into environments with modern aesthetics.
Microcement stairs are a versatile decorative element that provides smooth surfaces, free of joints and functionality in addition to its application nor requires work at home, allows you to get quick results.
The TGrip non-slip treatment finish will also provide you with the security you need in your professional or private spaces. T/Grip is certified non-slip treatment Meets EU standards (Class 2 and 3)
Does not change the appearance or finish creating safer surfaces.
Here we tell you how is the process to cover stairs with microcement without carrying out works in your home quickly and safely.
- Secure the surface and support
One of the advantages of applying microcement on stairs is that this technique does not affect their structural load, the thickness of the Microcemento® layers is between 2 and 3 millimeters, so it does not represent a risk.
However, before applying the microcement, it is necessary to evaluate the conditions and types of bases or surfaces to which it will be applied these should:
- be clean
- Free of irregularities or cracks
- They must be smooth
- Avoid unevenness
- be completely dry
And once the surface is repaired, the surfaces must be cleaned so that there is no dust or grease.
- Start the installation of Microcemento®
After evaluating the surface, the level of the stairs and making sure that there are no unwanted residues or cracks, the microcement is placed on the stairs.
- Base Coat: without pigments. The purpose of applying Base Microcement is to create a bond between the base and the Microcement and at the same time create a perfectly smooth surface. The number of necessary layers of Base Microcement will be defined according to the condition and roughness of the base:
- Layer Colour: this is the step that adds the color to our setup. Here you can choose from the more than 30 colors that TOPCRET has available plus the special finishes with Real Metals.
- It is important that between each layer of microcement let dry as needed and once sure that it is completely dry sand.
Finally, the sealing layers will be placed, which will guarantee not only the impermeability but also the durability of the surface finish.
if we want to go deeper (taking out the things that are for the client):
Drying is the key to successfully completing this process and verifying that the surfaces where it is going to be applied are level, clean and that the joints have been correctly covered.
Below, we detail the drying times to achieve the finish you want once the application of our TOPCRET microcement formula is finished:
- 24 hours for transit free
- 48 hours for the coating to be waterproof
- 5 days to reach 75% hardness and allow transit on heavy pieces (furniture, etc.)
- 21 days for total hardness and drying.
You also find that it is important to clean it with the appropriate products, learn more about it in the following link (place link to note once it is published)
Although it is a simple technique, it does not require works, it is recommended that it be carried out by professionals to achieve quality results and avoid irregularities in the floors or floors that you want to work on.